Welcome to Healthy K9 FoodsHere you will find the majority of the information that I have learned
about dog foods and their ingredients since I lost one of my babies to cancer due to an artificial preservative in 2005.
One of the first things you need to understand is that all dog foods are not created equal, if a food is preserved with BHA, BHT, or Ethoxyquin they could be killing your dog.
If a dog food contains corn or soy, in any form, you are doing your friend a great injustice.
The standards we use to select a food for our babies:
- Not involved in any of the many recalls
- Made with Human Grade ingredients (USDA approved)
- Made in its own plant
- Tested for:
- Tested during processing for quality
- Made with:
- Natural preservatives
- Made from specific ingredient sources (never generic)
- Less than 60 days old when received
We are currently feeding Baked to Nature by Three Dog Bakery